Blood Brothers is going to tour the UK in 2018.
This year Blood Brothers celebrated its 30th anniversary by going on tour, and it was so successful the show is going back on tour next year.
It starts on Tuesday 16 January at the Theatre Royal Bath before visiting 14 other venues.
Blood Brothers, written by award-winning playwright Willy Russell has scooped up no fewer than four awards for best musical in London and seven Tony Award nominations on Broadway.
Critically acclaimed actress and singer Lyn Paul returns to the seminal role of Mrs. Johnstone, following her first performance back in 1997. Hailed as ‘The definitive Mrs. Johnstone’ (Manchester Evening News), Lyn has played the role on numerous UK tours and also starred as Mrs. Johnstone in the final West End performances at the Phoenix Theatre in 2012.
Lyn first rose to fame in the early 1970s as a member of the New Seekers. She was the featured vocalist on their 1972 Eurovision Song Contest entry, ‘Beg, Steal or Borrow’, in which they came second and lead vocalist on the 1974 number-one hit ‘You Won’t Find Another Fool Like Me’.
Among the group’s other works, they recorded the song ‘I’d Like to Teach the World to Sing’, adapted from an advertising jingle for Coca-Cola, which sold over 20 million copies and still remains one of the 100 best-selling singles in the UK. She has also starred in the UK tour of Cabaret in 2013 as Fraulein Schneider, in Boy George’s musical Taboo and in Footloose – the Musical.
This epic tale of Liverpool life started as a play, performed at a Liverpool comprehensive school in 1981 before opening at the Liverpool Playhouse 35 years ago in 1983, completing sell-out seasons in the US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Japan. Blood Brothers also ran in London’s West End for 24 years, exceeding 10,000 performances, one of only three musicals ever to achieve that milestone.
Blood Brothers tells the captivating and moving story of twin boys separated at birth, only to be reunited by a twist of fate and a mother’s haunting secret. The memorable score includes A Bright New Day, Marilyn Monroe and the emotionally charged hit Tell Me It’s Not True.
BLOOD BROTHERS – SPRING 2018 TOUR DATES
- Tuesday 16– Saturday 20 January Theatre Royal, Bath
- Tuesday 23 January – Saturday 3 February Grand Opera House, Belfast
- Tuesday 6– Saturday 10 February Playhouse Theatre, Weston Super Mare
- Tuesday 13 – Saturday 17 February Aylesbury Waterside Theatre
- Tuesday 20 – Saturday 24 February Darlington Hippodrome
- Monday 5 – Saturday 10 March Edinburgh Playhouse
- Monday 12 – Saturday 17 March Everyman Theatre, Cheltenham
- Monday 19 – Saturday 24 March Rhyl Pavilion
- Monday 26 – Saturday 31 March Carlisle Sands Centre
- Tuesday 3 – Saturday 7 April Queen’s Theatre, Barnstaple
- Monday 9 – Saturday 14 April Hall for Cornwall, Truro
- Monday 16– Saturday 21 April Grand Theatre, Wolverhampton
- Monday 30 April – Saturday 5 May Regent Theatre, Ipswich
- Tuesday 8 – Saturday 12 May Mayflower Theatre, Southampton
- Tuesday 15 –Saturday 26 May Palace Theatre, Manchester