Post-Show Drinks, a musical theatre podcast showcasing actors from the West End and beyond.
In this episode, Connor and Catherine sit down with Chris Aukett, he tells us about making his West End debut in The Wind in the Willows The Musical at the London Palladium.
“Chris Aukett substituting for a stricken Rufus Hound is a wonderfully flamboyant Toad”
Express – The Wind in the Willows The Musical at the London Palladium.
We speak about his career to date and discuss what makes a good company member within a musical. We also find what is Chris Aukett’s dream West End role!
Listen to the episode below or subscribe wherever you get your podcasts
- 0:00 – 7:09 – Where did it all begin? Dreams of being a policeman to training at LIPA – Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts. We also find out what Chris’s Karaoke song is!
- 7:10 – 11:29 – We speak about Chris’s first job out of drama school which was being part of a school touring panto company. We learn more about how this benefited his career as a young actor.
- 11:30 – 15:39 – We learn more about the key lessons that he learned from LIPA as well as Chris’s advice on how to be a good company member within a show.
- 15:40 – 28:39 – We speak about Chris making his West End debut in The Wind in the Willows The Musical at the London Palladium. This musical was written by Stiles and Drewe and Julian Fellowes. During his time at The Wind in the Willows, Chris played a variety of ensemble tracks as well as covering Rufus Hound as Toad. We find out more about the time when Chris went on as Toad during press week!
- 28:40 – 35:10 – We find out what Chris’s dream role is as well some advice for keeping going in the industry.