Post-Show Drinks, a musical theatre podcast showcasing actors from the West End and beyond.
In this episode, Connor and Catherine sit down with Jeremy Taylor. Jeremy is currently playing Raoul, Vicomte de Chagny in Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty’s Theatre London.
We speak to Jeremy about training at GSA – Guildford School of Acting and making his west end debut in The Sound of Music at the London Palladium with Connie Fisher. We also speak about his time playing the role of Fiyero in Wicked and being part of the cast of We Will Rock You at the Dominion Theatre.
- 0:00 – 11:53 – Jeremy tells us more about playing the role of Raoul in Phantom of the Opera and what it was like when it got the call for the show. He speaks about his favourite scenes in the show and about the first time he experince Phantom.
- 11:54 – 17:11 – We speak to Jeremy about playing the role of Fiyero in Wicked at London’s Apollo Victoria Theatre and what it was like doing the show for two years.
- 17:12 – 24:20 – Jeremy takes us back to where his passion of musical theatre began, doing Jesus Christ Superstar and then training at GSA – Guildford School of Acting. He also gives you key advice about having an agent and creating the best-balanced working relationship.
- 24:21 – 30:48 – We find out more about Jeremy’s west nnd debut in The Sound of Music at the London Palladium and what it was like the first time he took to the stage. Jeremy also tells us more about what it was like performing post drama school.
- 30:49 – 33:45 – Jeremy tells us more about auditioning for shows in the west end and how passion is key for auditioning for shows. We also speak about his time at We Will Rock You at the Dominion Theatre.
- 33:46 – 38:05 – Jeremy gives us his key advice for forging a career within the industry.
- 38:06 – 41:08 – “Long Way Round” – how does Jeremy use this phrase in his musical theatre career.