Post-Show Drinks is a new musical theatre podcast showcasing actors from the West End and beyond.
The series explores everything from pre-show rituals to funny bloopers and magical musical moments.
In this episode, Connor and Catherine sit down with Katie Birtill, who has recently released her solo album Baby, Dream Your Dream, a celebration of Musical Theatre songs with her jazz quartet.
Katie talks about leaving her medicine career with the Bristol University and heading The Royal Academy of Music. We speak about the many roles in her career so far including playing Kathy in Jason Robert Brown’s The Last Five Years to playing a Diva in the UK Tour of Priscilla Queen of the Desert.
Listen to the episode below or subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.
- 0:00 – 1:24 – Where did it all begin
- 1:25 – 4:29 – Medical School
- 4:30 – 9:00 – Why Musical Theatre
- 9:01 – 14:29 – Katie’s First Job – From Panto to Dreamboats & Petticoats
- 14:30 – 23:55 – The Last 5 Years
- 23:56 – 25:19 – Knights of the Rose
- 25:20 – 31:20 – Priscila Queen of the Desert UK Tour
- 31:21 – 34:46 – Katie’s Career so far