Post-Show Drinks is a musical theatre podcast showcasing actors from the West End and beyond.
The series explores everything from pre-show rituals to funny bloopers and magical musical moments.
In this episode, Connor and Catherine sit down with Simon-Anthony Rhoden, during his last week of playing Lola in Kinky Boots at the Adelphi Theatre.
Simon-Anthony talks about training in classical theatre at LAMDA – London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art followed by a short musical theatre course at Associated Studios.
We speak about his variety of roles in Kinky Boots, going from the role of off-stage swing to the role of Lola in the West End production. We also find what is Simon-Anthony’s dream West End role!
Listen to the episode below or subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.
- 0:00 – 3:54 – Kinky Boots Closing in the West End and the tour opening in Northampton, the home of Kinky Boots.
- 3:55 – 6:31 – Saturday Nights at the Adelphi Theatre with enthusiastic audience members!
- 6:32 – 9:45 – Where did it all begin – from ballet to musical theatre.
- 9:46 – 10:50 – LAMDA, London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art – Tommy the Musical with John Baxter
- 10:51 – 14:08 – The Sonnet Project – creating your own piece of theatre.
- 14:09 – 21:53 – Tips for being an off-stage swing in London’s West End
- 21:54 – 26:53 – Becoming cover Lola and going on mid-show.
- 26:54 – 30:43 – Inspiring younger Charlie’s & Lola’s
- 30:44 – 33:24 – Watching the world of backstage and the magic between different technical departments.
- 33:25 – 36:21 – Simon-Anthony Rhoden’s dream role