Post-Show Drinks is a new musical theatre podcast showcasing actors from the West End and beyond.
The series explores everything from pre-show rituals to funny bloopers and magical musical moments.
In this episode, Connor and Catherine sit down with Steph Parry. Steph made national headlines as the actress who ran down the road from Drury Lane Theatre to the Novello Theatre to play the role of Donna, mid-show, in Mamma Mia!
Steph takes us through the whole story from taking the phone call in her dressing room at the Drury Lane Theatre while she was standing by on 42nd Street to taking her final bow as Donna in Mamma Mia! all in the same day. We also speak about Steph’s time in Billy Elliot and one musical she wishes would return to the West End.
Listen to the episode below or subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.
- 0:00 – 6:46 – Where did it all begin; Backstreet Boys to Dazzle.
- 6:47 – 7:59 – Arts Educational Schools and Shakespeare
- 8:00 – 11:04 – First professional musical theatre role was Annie UK tour, swing & ASM.
- 11:05 – 14:24 – Billy Elliot and singing The Letter
- 14:25 – 26:21 – Making national headlines being the girl who ran down the road
- 26:22 – 34:44 – Feeling like Celine Deion
- 34:45 – 39:11 – Steph’s dream role to return back to Billy Elliot