Post-Show Drinks, a musical theatre podcast showcasing actors from the West End and beyond.
In this episode, Connor and Catherine sit down with Olivier Award-winning actress Rebecca Trehearn.
Rebecca tells us how she got into musical theatre, about her time with Ghost The Musical and playing Molly on the first UK Tour. We also speak about her winning the Olivier Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Musical.
Listen to the episode below or subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.
0:00 – 2:25 – Where did it all begin? From amateur dramatics to a girl band.
- 2:26 – 3:54 – Rebecca’s time in Casualty.
- 3:55 – 6:18 – Rebecca’s West End debut at We Will Rock You at the Dominion Theatre.
- 6:19 – 14:13 – Playing the role of Molly in Ghost on its first UK tour since the leaving the Picadilly Theatre in London’s West End.
- 14:14 – 14:49 – Memories from amateur dramatics – playing Anne Frank.
- 14:50 – 22:59 – Winning the Oliver for Best Supporting Actress in a Musical – Showboat.
- 22:30 – 24:39 – How she would love to originate a role and work more on new shows including the Princess Bride.
- 24:40 – 29:59 – Rebecca’s key advice for keeping the creativity flowing when in between jobs from concerts to keeping up to date with a variety of different musicals.
- 30:00 – 31:40 – Rebecca’s advice to her younger self.